Homemade Wheat Thins
These are a perfect replica(minus all the processing & chemicals), the taste is spot-on, using wholesome ingredients you probably have in your pantry.
Prep time: 5 minutes .. Cook time: 8 minutes .. Yield: 64 crackers
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt (+ extra for sprinkling)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 4 TBSP butter or margarine
- 1/4 C + 2 TBSP water
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees & prepare your baking sheets with parchment.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients- flour, sugar, salt and paprika.
- Cut the butter into the flour until it looks crumbly, like wet sand.
- Mix the water and vanilla, pour them into the butter & flour then stir until the dough forms.
- On a floured or nonstick surface, roll out half your dough to about 1/16th inch thick.
- Cut the dough into squares and spread on baking sheet. Sprinkle with more salt and bake about 8-10 minutes.